I really love Indian food quite a bit … I could probably eat it daily. I was excited when I found the crockpot chicken tikka masala recipe, and even more excited when I took my first bite. It’s delicious! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken diced into 1-1.5 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (can substitute plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 can of peeled crushed tomatoes (28-29oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons of cayenne pepper (depending on spice preference)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
Mix all of the ingredients up to (and including) bay leaves in your crockpot. Make sure it is well mixed and that the chicken is well coated.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours).
20 minutes before you’re ready to eat, mix heavy cream and corn starch in a bowl. Mix into your crockpot and stir until well mixed and let cook for another 20 minutes to thicken.
Serve hot over rice or quinoa.
Recipe originated from Recipe for Two.