Since we’ve covered the dough, let’s also cover pizza sauce. I usually double this recipe so it lasts a couple of days. It’s delicious!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.